As part of our dedicated IBM Maximo training catalog, this course will educate your team on how to use and leverage the inventory and purchasing modules in this powerful platform.
By taking this course, participants will:
- Gain an overview of IBM Maximo’s inventory and purchasing modules and related applications
- Learn how items are managed, organized and distributed throughout the Maximo system
- Learn how inventory balances are managed
- Learn how to perform cycle counts and physical inventory within Maximo
- Learn how inventory items are issued to work orders, assets, locations and/or individuals.
- Learn how to automate the reorder process and record received items
- Learn how to retrieve usage data for inventory items
- Learn how to configure and manage rotating items
- Learn how to leverage the tools and services applications
- Learn how purchase contracts are used in Maximo
- Discuss the use of the request-for-quotations feature to contain costs
- Review purchase requisitions and discuss how they can be used in the work flow